Wednesday 25 July 2012

Park and ride is not a facility for companies to fly post

Okay I'm getting abit sick of this now.

So it's been abit of a hard day, it's been hot/cold, I've endured sitting next to general public on public transport back to the park and ride, because the UK cannot create a decent integrated public transport system to get people to work. And/or there's just too many of us crammed into the place that living and working close by is just not possible.

I arrive back at my car waiting for it to be the oven or freezer that seems to be the extremes of our weather recently.

However...

I first have to check round my car an retrieve the umpteen flyer stuck in my door, window, under the windscreen wiper etc. Seriously you're not gaining business through this, you're annoying people ensuring they never wish to trade with you again.

In addition I've already had serious rantings to the owners of the park and ride, who have funded it to encourage use of their service (which I imagine has worked considering it fills everyday), who even fly posted themselves once.
The ensuring fury was over the fact that after they posted, it rained briefly, and the coating on the paper acted as a very good glue. They apologised profusely and vowed never to do it again.

So the ensuing fact I now have a new strategy.

I have a selection of leaflets on my desk. Whenever I need an email address/phone number to access some site...

No comments: